Many decisions must be made when organizing an event. You must choose a venue that has the greatest impact on your event. When choosing a venue, you have a significant impact on the date of the event, catering options, and attendees’ overall experience.
Searching for a venue: Things to consider
This is probably something you’ve already considered. In the case of a local event, you may choose the wedding venue Thrissur that is reasonably close to the homes or workplaces of most attendees. Organizers may want to consider a venue near the airport or hotels for attendees from out of town. Regardless of your choice, be sure to think about traffic, transportation, and parking options. It’s also a good idea to get a contract with the provider of the venue just in case. The last thing you want is to have to change a venue right before your event.
Provide your attendees with a mobile app to reduce the possibility that they will be late. This is essentially a standard system these days. Participants will feel relieved with GPS maps, driving directions, and parking/shuttle information at hand. Especially maps with pins are very helpful when the location is part of a large campus or institute. Interactive indoor maps will make it easy for attendees to navigate through events that feature exhibitions, posters, or parallel sessions.
Are there parking lots or valet services at the venue? There is nothing more enticing than a top wedding venue in Thrissur with parking. Alternatively, are there any parking lots nearby that attendees can access and use? If there is no parking available, you still have a couple of alternatives to consider:
- There is the option to reserve nearby parking lots for your attendees and include the cost in ticket prices or have attendees pay for parking upon arrival.
- See the discounts offered by Uber and Lyft during events. It would be easy to arrange for the promo code to be provided and distributed to your attendees once it has been set up.
- You should provide attendees with an opportunity to share a ride or a cab. In addition, it would allow them to interact with each other.
- If the venue does not offer valet parking for the event, you could offer it. If the event is an upscale one, such as a gala, having a valet may be essential.
3. Capacity and Minimums
- How much capacity does it have? There are several reasons why you should know the room capacity of the venues. In your case, a room with a capacity of 250 people can’t comfortably accommodate 500 people (if that’s the size of your event). Furthermore, there are fire and safety codes that must be adhered to by the venue.
- What are the F&B Minimums? Food and beverage venues that require a minimum amount of food and beverage spending (known as an F&B minimum) should ensure that the past F&B records for previous events are equivalent to the minimum. When your estimated food and beverage spending exceeds what the venue requires, you would be a good customer to them. Consider whether they will provide complementary services in return (such as an upgrade in Wi-Fi or A/V support) if your spending reaches a certain level.
- Is it possible to adjust based on feedback from attendees? Right before or during your event, you should be able to make an informed decision about the size of a room or food and beverage.
4. Services and Amenities
- Can the venue provide catering for your event? Does it have a kitchen? Most venues will waive the facility fee and only ask for a down payment and food for each attendee if this is the case. If you are renting a venue without a kitchen facility, you are required to use a food provider who has a partnership with the venue. We recommend checking their food in advance. If it is not good enough, it can negatively affect the experience of your attendees. Decide whether you want the venue’s food to be great or if you want to have outside vendors provide the food.
- Can you use the tables, chairs, and linens there? Using what a venue has, assuming it matches your theme and ambiance, will save you money and effort.
- Is there a setup/clean-up crew? You can rejoice if the venue provides an installation and clean-up crew. However, this is not always the case. Unless these services are available, you will need to create a volunteer team or build your event team.
- Are there any AV capabilities? In some venues, you will be able to use audio-visual equipment that’s built into the venue, while in others, you will need to bring it in yourself.
Even though you’ll be choosing your venue early on in the process, you’ll still need a rough idea of which activities you’ll include, what amenities you’ll need, and what the needs of your team and attendees are. Make note of the outlets and the AV equipment location in your favorites while narrowing down your selection. Download an illustrated floor plan and walk through each venue at least once.
There are a few different aspects of your event that are greatly affected by the layout and floor plan:
- Consider the flow of traffic through your event. The flow you want will be different for each event. In what areas will there be high traffic at your event? Registration? The entrance to the auditorium? It’s important to consider this when choosing your venue, as well as how your tables and decor will impact this.
- You will need a stage for keynote speakers at your event, or a place to place a rented stage. What kind of demo area will you need? Do you plan to have a bar?
Take special note of the interior decor of the venue. Which architectural style does the building’s interior represent? Your venue accommodations will likely differ from an expo if you are holding a gala. If the ambiance does not match the desired feeling (upscale, high tech, etc.) you will need to decorate more to compensate for it.
Without insurance, the best wedding venue in Thrissur will not even do business with you. Several venues require a certain amount of liability as well as their designation as additional insureds for the event, This endorsement typically can be obtained from your general liability insurance agent. To ensure this is added to your contract, START EARLY and have the wording, address, etc., ready before contacting your agent.”
The accessibility of the building refers to its capabilities being accessible to all, especially to individuals with special needs. You must understand who your attendees are and what their needs are before you can answer this question. You likely know whether children will attend your event, but you may not know whether there will be people with disabilities. If this is the case, reviewing recent events hosted by your organization can help you determine this.
When attending an event at a loud venue, did you ever strain your hearing and lose your voice all at once, causing you to strain your hearing and lose your voice? Bad acoustics are to blame for this. The term acoustics refers to the way sound travels through an environment. Low ceilings can make a venue seem cozy, but they will also make it louder if it’s crowded. An auditorium with a large warehouse-style structure, on the other hand, will result in echoes, otherwise known as reverberation.
10. Cost and Flexibility on Event Date
A great way to negotiate with venues is to be flexible on the event date. The venue may have open dates on their calendar that they want to fill. By suggesting 2-3 dates, you’re more likely to receive a discount. There are many things you can do to improve acoustics at your event, including making use of patios outside the venue, or using acoustical clouds or canopies.
Hire an expert
You can see from the above list that there are many factors to take into account when choosing the venue for your event. You will find the perfect venue for your event if you consider the above factors when conducting your research.
Do you need assistance planning your wedding? With our event planners in Thrissur, we will take all the necessary steps to plan your wedding. Do you need anything else for your wedding?
Let us know in the comment section below.
The primary objective of our company is to ensure that the planning of your event goes as smoothly as possible. Our Inclusive Wedding Package was created in conjunction with this premise. The best event management company Thrissur offers event management services to assist you in designing, creating, and personally tailoring your perfect day. We are the best destination wedding services in Thrissur.
Do you need help with your event management? Get in touch.